The conference season has shown that the next election will be a big choice about the change we want for Britain. Labour offers change for the mainstream middle. The Conservatives offer change to benefit the privileged few – a change you can’t afford.
- Guarantee a job or training place to 18-24 year olds out of work for a year.
- Guarantee diagnosis within one week if your GP suspects you have cancer.
- Free personal care at home for those with high needs.
- No-nonsense intervention to tackle 50,000 problem families.
- Cut the deficit in half in four years.
The Conservatives will:
- Give a £200,000 tax cut to the 3,000 wealthiest estates.
- Cut £1,000 in child trust fund payments from families earning modest incomes.
- Scrap guarantees for cancer patients.
- Abandon young people to the dole.
- Cut the equivalent of 3,500 police from our streets this year.