Tuesday 4 May 2010

DAVID WILLIAMS: APPRENTICE TO MP?

David Williams, Labour's Parliamentary Candidate for Crewe and Nantwich, could become the first apprentice to represent Crewe and Nantwich in parliament.

David said, “Here in Crewe and Nantwich we have always been proud of our tradition of apprentices – the future represented in the training of new skilled people. I served my apprenticeship in Crewe at Rolls Royce and Bentley Motor Cars in Pyms Lane. I am proud to be a skilled coach trimmer, a craftsman making seats for the then best car in the world.”

If elected on 6th May, David Williams will be the first apprentice to represent Crewe and Nantwich in the House of Commons.

David added, “The House of Commons is stacked full of lawyers, graduates and so-called ‘professional politicians’. Many people tell me that they want a different type of MP. I offer something different. I know what it is like to get my hands dirty. I know what it is like to do a hard day’s work. I am proud of my roots and will never forget where I came from."

No comments: