Monday 6 October 2008

Whatever the result I'm jumping off a bridge!

No matter what happens at the hustings meeting on 17 October, win or lose, I will be jumping off a bridge! Fortunately attached to two ropes.

I will be abseiling down the centre of an arch on the Miller's Dale bridge in the Peak District, which is over the River Wye. This is an 80 foot abseil of which 65 foot of that is free hanging.

I understand that they do have a way of stopping me from getting wet at the bottom.

I am doing it to raise money for Marie Curie Cancer Care.

They provide high quality nursing totally free, to give terminally ill people the choice of dying at home supported by their families.

Your local Marie Curie Hospice actively promotes quality of life for people with cancer and provides support for their families. The services are completely free to patients.

World class scientists at the Marie Curie Research Institute are investigating how cancer develops to find better ways of treating the disease in the future.

I am always keen to do fundraising for cancer charities after my father-in-law Peter Howarth died from cancer just over 4 years ago.

So this abseil is in Peter's memory a great friend and old comrade.

Please click here to sponsor David's abseil

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My father, Peter, would have been 70 on the 29th October. This fundraiser is the perfect way to mark his birthday, by supporting an excellent cause.