Friday 8 August 2008

Winning Back Crewe & Nantwich

I have decided to put my name forward for selection as Labour's Parliamentary Candidate to fight Crewe & Nantwich at the next general election.

To say that 2008 has been a bad year for us would be quite an understatement. I think we are all still trying to come to terms with the sudden death of Gwyneth. Further setbacks lay ahead with the break up of local government in Cheshire, the subsequent loss so many good councillors in the elections and the humiliating by-election result. After all that we must do everything possible to rebuild the morale of our members and supporters to win Crewe & Nantwich back from the Tories.

I believe that I have the skills, knowledge and commitment to be a first class candidate and deliver a victorious campaign, ridding the constituency of its first (and hopefully last) Tory MP. I enclose my CV for you to review. In the next few weeks I will be calling to discuss with you my priorities for Labour, both locally and nationally. I am also keen to hear your views on what you want from your next Labour candidate.

No comments: