Sunday 1 November 2009

DAVID WILLIAMS MEETS SHOPPERS IN NANTWICH


David Williams, Labour’s Parliamentary Candidate for Crewe and Nantwich, met and talked with shoppers in Nantwich town centre last Saturday.

Crewe and Nantwich Labour Party held a street stall in Nantwich town centre last Saturday, 31st October, as part of their initiative to meet and talk with the residents of the Crewe and Nantwich area.

David Williams said, “Since I was selected as Labour’s candidate I have made it a priority to get out and meet people. I have now covered almost half the streets in the constituency, but today I joined shoppers at the farmers market in Nantwich.”

He added, “People are clearly worried about the global economic downturn and want to know whether Gordon Brown’s action to bring about a recovery will work, before they decide who to vote for.

“I am keen to listen to people’s concerns and help where I can. It is also a great opportunity to explain the choice they have at the next election between a Labour Government that invests in jobs and real help for people now; against the Tories who would leave people to sink or swim in a recession.”

No comments: