Tuesday 16 September 2008

We want our park back

I went to Queens Park at the weekend and was amazed to see that it was still in a real mess. The boating lake and half the park is encased in a ring of steel. I can't see any sign of progress in the last few months.

There was the sad sight of a family who came to feed the ducks and the little girl was pushing pieces of bread through the steel fence, until the ducks worked out they could underneath.

When are the council going to get this sorted out? I can remember regularly coming to Queens Park as a child and it was a real treat. I doubt any child would regard a visit as being special when it is in such a state.

To me this is another example of where the Tories are running down the Town's facilities, along with the bus station and the town centre.

No comments: